Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Once upon a time, there was a very annoyed elf. That elf, being me of course, has had a very, very shitty week.

So far, the only good thing I got this week was Ana's company this evening. Oh, and finally getting my copy of  "Love Never Dies" dvd, and the books from Orpheelin (www.orpheelin.deviantart.com)

The story of this awful week begins on Monday. A festive day here in Spain. I didn't have uni and stayed home reading, drawing and helping with the cleaning of the house. All was good, until my sister came looking all easy going and happy, and said:

-Hey, can you stay home tomorrow afternoon? Mario and I have a date at the spa and we gotta be there around 7pm. We'll be leaving around 5.30 or 6.-
I looked at her with my poker face, raised my eyes from my now ex laptop (aka Optimus Prime), and shook my head.

-Sorry, no can do. I have date at the police for the residence, and it's in the afternoon. Have no idea how long it's gonna take.-  She looked a little annoyed for a second and then sighed.

-Can't you go in the morning? Besides that kind of stuff tends to be done in the mornings. If not, we're gonna lose the date and we already paid.- She looked pretty concerned about it, and me being the stupid good girl I am, couldn't help but sigh and agree. Still, I frowned as I answered her that I would try to do it in the morning.

Since the police station or whatever it is, is in a part of Madrid that I totally dislike- because it feels pretty dangerous- I asked my friend and bodyguard Javi to come with me, to which he totally agreed. 
We were supposed to meet at 11 after I left uni early, at the metro station and then we'd go from there. And after the paper shitty thing we'd go buy my new laptop. Unfortunately, for me of course, Optimus tends to behave in a very unstable and annoying manner, which means that I didn't get Javi's last minute updates on our plans. 

The next morning, I woke up at 8 and didn't go to class. Bad I know, but insomnia is not something I like, and I finally fell asleep around 5, so.. no use in waking up at 6. Anyway, I took a shower, got dressed and left. An hour and a half later I was in the centre of Madrid, waiting for Javi, who obviously never came because he was sick in bed with a fever.
I waited for thirty minutes before deciding to go to the bank to pay for my residence permit and then just go to the police and see if they could take the papers earlier... BUT!  There is always a HUGE BUT... When I took out the papers I had been given, it was clearly written :

Date: March 20
Time: From 16 to 18 pm

I cursed. A LOT.

I paid and, very annoyed, took the metro to Sol, where all the major stores are located. (And also, most of the gothic stores : D)

I walked, trying to cheer myself up listening to my music, ignoring the daily idiot that every now and then comes out of the shadows to say: Hey you pretteeeeh come fuck meeeh... Or things like that.

Ok, I got to Fnac, went down to the -1 floor and then straight to the tattooed seller.
Basically, this is what I told him:

-Hey, I want the best laptop you have that does not go beyond a (censored) euros, with a potent graphic card, good hard drive and core i7. The memory doesn't matter(because I have two to spare XD). I play online games and I'm a designer of sorts, so it better be good.-

He showed me a couple of hp's, a toshiba I think and some asus. But of course, I had already fallen in love with the Asus N73S-TY050. I just wanted to see what other laptops he had to offer. None of them were good enough to last for at least two years. After a little walk around the laptops section, I just walked straight to the silver beauty and said:

-I'll take this one.

And here's when the other disgrace of the week happened. First, I couldn't pay the X00 euros that my Megatron is worth, because my stupid fucking credit card wouldn't let go of my money and practically took it prisoner.
Translation: The amount to be paid exceeded the amount of money I'm allowed to spend per day.

After the good red haired lady tried at least three times to charge me, she sent me down to information to try and make the transaction there. Of course, it was impossible.
Sadly, the guy wasn't as nice as the red haired lady and was pretty annoyed at me. Like it was my fault!
I finally decided to pay part in cash, and the rest with the credit card. Asked him to charge me the most he could, and I took out my wallet to pay the rest in cash.

Bills missing!!! I only had half of what I needed in cash. I knew I had the rest somewhere, and of course there is always the possibility of using COINS. Instead, I asked that awful guy to cancel everything.
I went out, cursing again, and walked to Santander to take the money out.
Then, I walked back to Fnac, paid and took my laptop home.

And you think all was good after that? NO!

Sat down, connected the laptop to the wall and what happened? The screen was fucked. The display looked black from one side and it slowly faded to a light gray on the other.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK....

I suppose, this is what I get for making fun of a good friend of mine, who bought an Acer and it died after 6 months of use?  The fates are evil....

Well, I put everything back into place and decided to change the laptop. And what happened today? It was raining so fucking hard that I couldn't take the box with me, because the guy at fnac had clearly warned me that any damage to the box and they would never change me the laptop if it needed to be replaced.
Also, I took the fucking bus to Uni, and spent two hours there because of the traffic... therefor, I got to school at 10 and not at 9.

I suppose, my dear readers (if I have any, that is), can guess how fucking angry I was. My mood hasn't improved, I have to say.

Well, after class I worked a little on some assignments I have (yay, I'm gonna get paid XD), and tried to get hold of someone in Movistar, to no avail. The problem is that they didn't withdraw the money from my bank account, so they restricted my line. But I paid last Friday, and still I have no line and they keep claiming I owe them 93 euros, when the woman from Telefonica that called me last week, said it was 97,50. Which is totally outrageous, since my line is supposed to be  euros per month, plus the insurance of the phone. That would make it 70 euros with iva included. However, rumor has it Movistar lies about that and adds the iva later. So, instead of being the 84 euros (because I called for a minute and 30 seconds, and sent 25 sms to Georgia), it ended up being 94, which for some fucking reason ended up being 97,50 and I paid 98. Now they claim I still have to pay 93 euros, why I have no idea where that came from. Thankfully my phone can steal wifi : D And I can still connect to the internet, but being unable to call is a bitch.
After my impossibility to talk to someone from that shitty company, I met my blue/turquoise/green haired friend Ana. Oh and that was fun, even if it was only for an hour. Ana's a good, kind hearted girl, who also happens to be a geek and we share most of our tastes. Being with her always cheers me up.
She came with me to fnac, and thankfully the guys today were kinder, and the laptop was replaced.

No further disturbances got in the way, until a stupid old man complained about me sitting with the laptop on the seat next to me, when I was on my ride home. Only, because he wanted to sit THERE. Only THAT seat was perfect for him. Like there weren't any other free seats. Another woman who came after him also complained, but the bus driver sent her to the back of the bus, which was full of empty seats. Bloody idiots. Like I would leave the laptop anywhere else in the bus, and risk it being damaged. NO WAY.

Then came the usual abusing of my sister, not intentional but annoying nonetheless. We had dinner, and I was the one to have to do the dishes AGAIN. And of course I didn't. I only cleaned what I had used and some old stuff that was there since yesterday. The rest was left there to be put in the dishwasher, tomorrow.

Thankfully, this laptop works perfectly fine and it was named Megatron, for its size (17"3) and colour. Although, I doubt it will remain silver forever. I'll probably tune it with one of my drawings, and buy one of those colourful keyboard protectors.

Now, the only quest that remains to be fulfilled, is going to the police to ask for another date for the residence, or perhaps find the way to make them accept my papers anyway XD

I hope that the weekend will be brighter, and next week a better one.

This is it for now :)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!!

-M










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiii! It's me. I read all your blog =D. Just in case, Im Time Lady Westerosi. Keep writing!
See you!

Anonymous said...

NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith acknowledged the actual union is actually taking part in the evaluate She was shocked and almost in tears, then she hugged her daughter and told her that a mechanic only fixes the vehicles and not the TV whereas a electrician repairs the TV Our rankings will undoubtedly change, quite possibly a great deal in some cases, and a player valuation ripple effect will be in full forceIn 2007 Taylor reached double-digits in sacks for the sixth time in his career and picked off another pass Long joins Richmond Webb as the only Dolphins offensive tackles to be named starters in the Pro Bowl and is the first Dolphins offensive lineman to be named to back-to-back Pro Bowls since Webb played in seven straight from 1990 to 1996
Like the placed on just any orange and white-colored - ensure those are the condition team colorsThese are not just your average, nfl jerseys plain fight jerseys, but instead are distinct garments that combine function and fashion to help fighters and their fans look good during the actionSince a vacation package combine different components like flight booking, hotel booking, car booking etc The prior event occured in 2006 in Germany and Italia won the planet Cup In addition, court clerks are in charge of contacting witnesses, lawyers and litigants and instruct them on when to appear in cour Good news !! US Govt This will result in reducing the cost of education to a substantial 75%
7 The Blackhawks Sports Jerseys increased to 15-6-4 inside March plus February once barely becoming over The good news is, i have to announce: a budget jerseys solves the largest problem in fact it is the fantastic welfare for that fans Many football players have had to endure post-concussion syndrome Someone else who is a big fan can see you using the mug and might strike up a conversation The Greens and Emaar Business Park boast a number of eateries Finally, the nightcap features the traveling to the east coast to play the

[url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-von-miller-womens-jersey]Broncos Von Miller Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-champ-bailey-womens-jersey]Champ Bailey Womens Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/jj-watt-jersey-cheap]Womens J.J. Watt Jersey[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ledlightmanufacturerchina.com ]led manufacturer [/url]particular favour. You wouldn't wish to make unpleasantness. I know http://ledlightmanufacturerchina.com led manufacturer usa led manufacturers circle the trees to which the horses had been tied upon arriving at the